Last Updated Monday 18 May 2018
1. Information we collect from you and whyHere are the broad categories of personal information that we may collect about you and the reasons why:
(a) Information that you provide voluntarily:
Registration information when you purchase a ticket for Familia so we can
(1) keep you informed as to any changes in the events you have booked for.
(2) Keep you updated about any forthcoming events and offers.
(3) Notify you of any changes to our services.
Transaction Information when you place an Order with for a Familia event in order to:
(1) process your Order and to bill you (though note, Familia never stores your credit card information in our systems);
(2) communicate your Order with the Ticketing Provider
(3) send you status updates on your Order
(4) reply to your Order queries and questions and to resolve problems
2. Legal basis for processing personal information
Familia will always make sure we have a legal basis to collect and use your personal information. The legal basis we rely on will change depending on the type of information and the context in which we collect it.
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your Ticket Order when and where you want it), but we may also process it where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
3. International data transfers
Familia places great importance on protecting your information from and against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such information.
5. International data transfers
6. Your data protection rights
You can access your account at any time to review and update your personal information. You can also contact us to ask us to delete your personal information, restrict its processing or request that it be ported to a third party. You also have the right to unsubscribe from the marketing communications we send you by using the unsubscribe functionality in any marketing communication you receive from us or by amending your profile accordingly
8. How to contact us
1. Information we collect from you and why
When you purchase a ticket for a Familia event, accepting the terms of sale, we collect information about you including your name, address, email address
Information regarding your marketing preferences: We collect information about your preferences to receive marketing information any time you subscribe or unsubscribe.
Familia may contact you by email, phone or SMS to give you status updates or other information or to resolve problems with your ticket Order. We may contact you by phone or SMS to provide you with status updates or other information regarding your ticket Order.
Familia may market to you, where permitted by law, by post, email, telephone, mobile (i.e. SMS, in-app messaging and push notification) about our products or upcoming events and offers.
If you don’t want us to use your data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. You may also be able to opt-out of push notifications at a device level (e.g. by way of your iOS settings). If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
2. Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information as described above will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure we are able to contact you in needed regarding your ticket Order). However we will also use your personal information where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (but only if our interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. in the event of legal proceedings) or we might need to process it or share it with others to “protect your vital interests” (this is legal speak for saving your life) or those of another person (e.g. in a case where another person’s life is in danger).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and we’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you are resident
We place great importance on keeping your personal information safe and secure. As such, we put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures / industry standard technology to protect it from unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential
4. Data retention
Familia will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. Your data protection rights
Familia respects your privacy and data protection rights.
Below is a summary of your rights in respect of the personal information of yours which Familia handles:
• Familia provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us
• You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
• You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly.
• Similarly, if we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. How to contact us